Please join us for this 1-day workshop on March 23 in Frankfurt, Germany or on May 16 in Auburn Hills, USA. The workshop examines the disruptive implications of self-driving car technology and the strategic consequences for the auto industry, its suppliers and related industries. The workshop will be led by Dr. Alexander Hars.
- The workshop begins with a review of the current state of the global, distributed innovation process related to self-driving cars, and examines the underlying technical, economic, legal and geopolitical factors upon which it depends.
- Key implications for the mobility space will be discussed through an in-depth analysis of the many facets of the economics of self-driving mobility services.
- We will examine how fully self-driving cars will affect different aspects of personal mobility – the propensity to use self-driving mobility services for local or long distance travel, the decision to purchase a car, buyer preferences for specific car models and features as well as the transition towards electric vehicles.
- We will then focus on the various players in the SDC field, including leading OEMs, new entrants such as Google, Uber, key suppliers, including sensor and hardware providers as well as various governments, including the US, UK, Singapore, Japan and China.
- We explore four potential strategic responses for the auto industry and discuss business models associated with self-driving vehicles and their suitability for the various players.
- We review key implications for model mix, volume, as well as sales and design processes.
Who should attend?
This workshop is intended for executives who need to think through the consequences of self-driving cars on the automotive sector. It offers frameworks and insights to help them develop their understanding and analysis of the threats and opportunities of SDCs for the industry. It will help them to understand the implications of SDCs and to formulate appropriate strategies for their business.
More information, event agenda and registration
This event is organized by Autelligence. Further details are available on Autelligence site.